Support Forums – Terms and Conditions of Usage
Return to The Custody Minefield
Please note, we will be testing the forums in January 2012 during which time membership is free.
Depending on demand, a registration fee may be required when the forums go fully live depending on the level of resourcing required and demand. 7 days’ notice will be given for the go live date.
These forums are solely intended for people seeking help and support with their case, and are not 'general' chat forums.
1. Please treat all members with respect.
2. The Forums are there to provide support to all users and a safe environment for discussion. Please don't get into arguments with another user and avoid swearing.
3. When registering to use the forum, use only your first name, a fictitious name, or a pseudonym as your Username.
4. If you choose to mention something relating to your case, you must not post any personal details which could identify yourself, your (ex)-partner or your children or any other party connected to a court case including 'real‘ names, dates, or locations. To ensure this happens, please change names, use initials or refer to your children as ‘son or daughter’ and your partner as ‘wife, husband or ex’ rather than using their names.
9. There can be no guarantee of outcome based on advice given. You must use your judgment as to whether to heed advice, or seek further advice or clarification when considering what advice to follow in your own case.
10. You may not advertise on this forum. You may not solicit business on this forum.
11. If you are a legal advisor (whether lay or professional) you may include a website name in your signature, but we cannot provide a warranty or recommendation for advice given on this site. If you are in doubt, we also recommend you seek independent legal advice.
12. Minor breaches of forum rules may result in a warning being given to you by a moderator. A reoccurrence will result in your posts being approved prior to publication. Repeated breaches of our terms and conditions, or a serious breach will result in a ban. The decision of the moderators is final.